mardi 26 août 2014

eml dsc brake light help!

Ok well to start off I'm new to working with bmws. I went to the gas station after replacing a few heater hoses and after about a min of driving the the brake light and dsc light light up and I heard a beep. The car drove fine so I figured it was a combination of codes that just haven't been cleared. Well after filling up I started the car and the two lights were up and the eml light lit up. It would idle anywhere from 800 -1200 rpms and wouldn't allow me to give it gas at all I managed to get it home and saw the throttle position reset where you turn the key for 10 sec to position one then off for 10 sec and start. I did that after cleaning the throttle body with cleaner and it started right up and good to go. Well I headed to the parts store to get the codes reset and after that started it up and once again the 3 lights are lit with the car doing the same thing. I tried the reset and it didn't work.

I'm assuming the beeping after running for a min would help break it down, I've seen a lot of post where the light comes on while driving mine only does it when it's started or atleast the 2 times the light has come on.



I know it's long but wanted to give the entire story and as much info as possible. I plan on doing the work myself just wanna make sure I have a good idea what part it is before replacing it.



thanks in advance!!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire