samedi 30 août 2014

Manual Swap Transmission Variances

Hey guys,



Upon searching and searching with no luck for the past few hours I have decided to start a thread about this and hopefully I can help others out with the same questions that I have. So first and foremost I want to complete a manual swap on my 2005 330ci, I understand that the transmission I am searching for is the ZF S5D-320Z. Now, is there any differences amongst the ZF S5D-320Z transmissions because when I search for used ones on Ebay they have the 7503993 part number but the ads say they are only compatible for 2001-2003 330's. Does that matter or will all ZF S5D-320Z transmissions work for the swap. Now in addition to that, can someone please tell me what the difference is between the BD53 and the BN53 code that comes up next to 330ci on realoem?



Also, to quote neil1138's auto to manual swap "My car used a ZF S5D 320Z THMW, the car I got if from used the exact transmission. The only difference between most of the transmissions you will find is the 4 letter combination at the end, I'm not sure if its a final drive ratio code or something but I didn't want to mess around and experiment." Does the four letter code at the end matter?



Thanks




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire