mardi 26 août 2014

Peake code 20c279C - thermostat

It was a little cooler than normal this morning. I drove 1mi to daycare and shut the car off. When I got back in the car to leave daycare, SES light came on immediately and threw this code. I reset the SES light and it did not come back on during the rest of my commute. Car stayed at normal temps per dashboard needle. Will monitor temps via OBC on the way home today.



Code description: "Mapped thermostat cooling: control". Searching tells me the electric heating element in the t-stat has probably gone bad. In the Peake book, this code is right after 279B for "Mapped thermostat cooling: mechanical"



What's the distinction between the "control" and "mechanical" versions of this thermostat code? Is it safe to drive?



Relevant service history: At about 80k, I noticed the original t-stat was stuck open but threw no codes. Original t-stat (and rest of cooling system) was replaced with Genuine BMW parts at about 90k. Car now has 153k.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire