vendredi 29 août 2014

E46 Starting Issues..

Hello!

I am the proud owner of a 2000 BMW 323i. The car has been giving me some trouble recently and I am hoping to figure out my issue.



Symptoms:

Car will start occasionally, may take 3-10 tries, but it will usually start (less likely to start if the car is warm)



I can hear the starter spinning every time, but only occasionally will it engage.

When the starter "engages", the car has no trouble starting right up.



After some research on this forum, I am thinking it is the starter solenoid. I am on a budget and would like to only change the starter if necessary. If I buy a new starter, will it come with a solenoid? I hope to get this car back on the road before school starts!

Thank you for your help




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire