jeudi 28 août 2014

Lost Bluetooth sound - but everything else works

I have a 2005 325 Ci with integrated OEM bluetooth. It's nothing fancy (voice etc) but gets the job done, and loads contacts on the radio. Works (worked) fine. My radio is the CD Business model, non HK, with MP3 support



At some point, I got tired of not knowing what song was playing exactly, so started looking for options, and ended up purchasing the Grom USB2 device. Opted for the behind the radio install.



Completed the install, and the grom unit was working fine, with text support on the radio. The sound is crisp, never hanging or crashing.



And then, I discovered I had no sound from the phone Bluetooth. :banghead:



So, I decided to reverse the process, uninstall the Grom, removed the 10 pin harness from the back of the radio, and returned both of the 10pin connectors I had. I also disconnected the green "bus" wire, just to be safe.



Still no sound. :banghead: x 2



The Bluetooth connects, pairs, allows me to make phone calls, on calling the phone mutes, but no sound comes out of the car speakers. The microphone works, as on the other side of the line they can hear me. Only that I cant hear them.



My understanding is, from the two connectors (A, B)

http://ift.tt/VQWsC7



(A) drives the CD changer, and is where Grom is plugged. It also appears to have some Tel Audio pins. Likely unplugging them created the problem

(B) in my case has only 3 cables attached, and is wired for the aux input



Question - how do I get the Bluetooth sound back? Did connecting the Grom burnt something?

I tried a battery reset (10 seconds) and didnt work. Should I go for a longer reset?

How do I troubleshoot the OEM Bluetooth?



I'm in contact with Grom support, but i believe they may not know how to troubleshoot the BMW OEM Bluetooth. On the other hand, I can bet many of the forum members are experts :bow:



Once hopefully i fix the Bluetooth, is it possible to do a behind the radio Grom install with an OEM Bluetooth? I'm starting to suspect not.



sancat




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire