samedi 30 août 2014

///AVIN AVANT 2 install

2004 M3 convertible with factory navigation.



I spent time today installing my new AVANT 2 head unit. It took me longer because it turns out someone had been into my car before. So there were wires I had to trace to see where they went and remove a bunch of stuff. I purchased the car in May of 2014 and have slowly been upgrading it here and there. Well I have a 10 hour trip coming up soon and couldn't really stand the stereo system that was in it. The oem headunit had some dead pixels and the sound was rather poor. Well I think I now know why it was poor, all the junk I had to rip out.



Rewind to last night, I started to disassemble the trim and the dash. I found a bunch of stuff I didn't recognize. Some aftermarket internal antenna, an iSimple ipod thingy, some messed up antenna wiring, a Rockford Fosgate amp and bass in the trunk (the amp had some blue wire that was run from the trunk to the front passenger side floor then was just paying there). I knew the amp and enclosure were there but decided to call it a night before physically tracking and removing stuff.



Once I got all that tracked down and taken out I could look at installing the new unit. Once I located the connector in the trunk, ran the wires under the carpet and through the dash I test fired it up. The head unit powered right up. So I pulled out my iphone, paired it with my AVANT 2 and listened to a few tunes via bluetoth. It sounds SO much better.



Tomorrow I will button up the trunk, under the dash and the trim. Then I will put all my pictures together and write a quick DIY in the coming days. So far so good though. I am liking it a lot.



Plus Tommy took good care of me, I ordered it (EASY), it shipped and got delivered (FAST) plus I got an OBD plug in module (FREE). What more can I ask for.



I will be getting a wifi hotspot from T Mobile to keep in the car but in the meantime I will use my home wireless to test everything once I put it all back together.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire