samedi 21 février 2015

Limp Mode, Misfire Codes, Idling Smooth?!?!

I have a 2002 330i with Steptronic Trans. As I'm waiting parked at the bank waiting for the next teller in the drive through, I notice I have a "gear with the exclamation mark" warning light. From my understanding this is called limp mode. My car has loss of power and seems to be driving in 3/4 gear. The drive to the bank was smooth, and i NEVER had any issues with the transmission.



I get home, check the codes and I'm getting misfires on cylinder 4,5,&6 (all with fuel cut- off), im getting lean codes (which I've had for a while now), and I'm getting a code about the temperature being too low (something like that), misfire due to low fuel.



Odd thing though, before the limp mode and all of these misfire codes my car would SOMETIMES have slight shaking while in D (for example at a redlight), but I knew it was probably due to the lean codes. But now that I have the limp mode, and all these misfires, my car does not shake AT ALL, its actually idling perfect, only thing is low of power due to limp mode.



So, I switch the ignition coils and boot (not the actual spark plug) of cylinder 3(which was not getting any error code)& and cylinder 4 (one of the culprits), hoping to be able to confirm that I in fact due have a spark plug coil/boot issue. I reset the codes to see if the error will now show cylinder 3 but none of them come back! I drive the car around the block a couple times (maybe about 2-3 miles) but the SES light never comes on. I forced the SES light by unplugging the MAF, but when I read the codes only a "mass airflow sensor" error shows up. When I plug back in the MAF, the car shows no code, no SES light but still getting the limp mode light.



I'm assuming the errors are still there, just that my computer is taking a while to put it back into the data where the odb can see it .



Any suggestions on why I am in limp mode and was/am getting misfire codes (they are not showing up anymore but i assume they are still there)?



I cannot give the exact name of the codes due to the fact none are showing up at the moment.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire