samedi 14 février 2015

2002 - 325CI cranks, won't start, New pump / New filter

Man... Am I just so upset with the lack of knowledge I have for my Rides. First, we love these vehicles.. 3 are E46s and 1 is an E90..

Anyway here is what I have for you all Fanatics. Hopefully someone has the Right answer..

Recently, we purchased my sons' 2002 325Ci. Ran fine for a few weeks til I had to get the Tranny replace.. No biggie, since I got the ride dirt cheap so I wasn't too upset. After the repair (used Tranny with 12 month warranty – son has to learn somehow these cars aren’t cheap and can be temperamental). Next day after the repair, the Car would not start / No crank - all lights work, but nothing to the starter. Went directly to the starter (to eliminate it) and immediately started, so Electrical – We took it in... EWS.. Was the culprit. ONE WEEK later (Current issue) - The Car Cranks, but won't turn over. I search the forum for all types of input. Therefore, here’s the list of things I did. Not in order. (OH, By the way my son drove the car onto the driveway... where I believe he ran out of GAS.)

1) Verified Fuse 54

2) Replaced Fuel Filter

3) Replaced Fuel pump.

4) Verified Fuel in Fuel Rail - did not check the pressure though

5) Used starter fluid and the car started, but not smoothly.

6) Added 3 Gallons of Gas

And I know I haven't scratched the surface yet.. Yes. I will bring it back to BMW if it could be the EWS going out again. But the symptoms are different then originally




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire