mardi 24 mars 2015

Quite a few issues. What to tackle first?

Basically I have a few 'big' issues that are creeping up and not enough money to fix all of them at once. I'm seeking advice on what to tackle first:





1.) Transmission fluid change ( steptronic GM trans, specifically: A5S390R 05/02 Manufacture date). I considered doing this a while back but was terrified due to reading threads about high mileage transmission fluid changes. I'm at 180.8k on the original trans and trans fluid, the thought of making it even worse haunts me. Frankly there aren't major issues, but I notice a big hesitation when shifting from 1-2 and 2-3 if I accelerate slowly. The problem isn't as bad if I accelerate fast. In addition it seems to stay in gear longer than it should before it downshifts, and there are various other occasions where the shifting points are very odd.



2.) Suspension refresh. I'm running original suspension as well and was about to do this because my car was throwing me all over the road when I hit potholes. However, after a much needed tire replacement, much of my 'suspension' issues seemed to have cleared up. But I still know things need to be replaced. EST; $1,600 for the DIY. This would need to be put on hold for a bit longer.



3.) Power steering leak. I had a shop tell me the pump and all the lines needed to be replaced. That was about 10k miles ago and all I've done is replace the fluid once ( flushed six times). Things seem to be fine other than the obvious leaking around the hoses by the PS reservoir. I'm suspecting that this is just related to clamp problems. Thoughts? The PS leak is VERY slow.



4.) Brakes. I have no clue when the guy before me replaced the brakes, but given how shi**y he was at maintaining everything else correctly I'm sure it's been a while and he probably used crappy parts. At this point my brakes are mediocre and when I press ~25-35% down on the brakes I hear a loud squeal from my front left brake.







Then I have some other nagging things like my oil level light coming on every single time I start the car regardless of where my oil level is at. In addition I have a mystery oil leak that is not VCG or OFHG, so I suspect my CCV needs replacing ( pretty sure it's the original ). Oh, and my DISA was barely functioning correctly when I checked it around 5k miles ago, so I'm sure that needs to be replaced as well.





On top of that, I have the most annoying whistle around 1,750-2,000RPM when accelerating. I checked my intake boot and there are no holes. I'm stumped.





In the last 10k miles I have replaced the following ( this excludes oil change, PS fluid change, and random things like bulbs)





Radiator

Expansion tank

Water distribution pipe

Expansion tank retainer

Upper radiator hose

Thermostat

Oil cooler thermostat

Coolant return hose

Fan blade

Fan shroud

Water pump

VANOS Seals

Valve Cover Gasket

Oil Filter Housing Gasket

Belt Pulley

Belt Tensioner

Serpentine Belt

Fuel pump

Fuel filter

Tires

AC compressor

AC condenser

Receiver Dryer

Expansion Valve

Spark Plugs

Battery



Oh, and did I mention that I've been daydreaming about an M3 given how much money I'm putting into this high mileage 325i? Lmao.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire