mercredi 25 mars 2015

Advice- Recommendations: LCM for 2000 E46 323i

Please advise or recommend a LCM (Light Check Module) for a 2000 E46 323i sedan.



ISSUE:

I've installed some LED lights and experienced Hyperflashing and bulb out error codes, no surprise. I purchased resistors, however they get quite hot and I'm concerned about mounting the resistors in the vehicle. It, also, caused the headlights to blink on-off. It may be the ground isn't sufficient at the trunk lights. Suffice to say, I want to avoid the resistors and hope to update the LCM, which IMO is a more elegant solution.



In BMW Scanner PA Soft, the current LCM screen doesn't display the Hot Check options. After reading through some long forum threads, there are some suggestions, the issue may be the older LCM version. A newer LCM may include more options. such as, deselecting "Hot Check". (per this thread)
My LCM produces a PA Soft window with minimal options. such as the bottom screen shot below->


Quote:








Originally Posted by Ricardo J (Post 15850312)

Morning!



One more thing... I notice that my light coding has fewer options that the one I saw here in this topic:











Mine:











I'm wondering, if a North American vehicle can support the European LCM with the optional fog lights. This vehicle started as the basic E46 323i package. I haven't found symbols for prewired harnesses in the trunk, though it would be great to install fog lights in the vehicle front.



I reviewed some forum threads, where people have flashed new firmware into their LCM's. That is beyond me. Specifically, I want to remove the existing LCM and install a (left-hand drive) LCM with the fog light options. Perhaps HW version 16 with SW 3 or greater. I would like to know if a more modern LCM will plug right in.



There are some comments if, the correct VIN is programmed and lower mileage is programmed into the LCM, the tamper dot can be avoided.



BACKGROUND:

Please, go easy on me. I'm a noob to BMW. I don't know all the acronyms, however I can use a wrench, soldering iron, and torq driver.

I purchased the 2000 E46 323i, last year, for my spouse. :loco: I was happy to avoid a new car purchase.



The car had been in a small accident (by the previous owner), scratches down the side, broken mirror, dented fender, and cracked corner lens. The vehicle is now looking pretty good, and seems to have recovered from the mid-life trauma.



I took the vehicle to the BMW dealer, who produced a list of repairs. Those have all been done.



I've done updates, cleaning and repairs/maintenance. I have plenty of maintenance plans ahead. I now have my own list, thanks to this forum :thanks:




1 commentaire: