vendredi 27 mars 2015

Single Mass Flywheel Conversion | '04 BMW 320i

Hey guys,



I'm new to the forum and have owned my Canadian '04 Bmw 320i 5-speed for a few months now. I love the car and want to keep it in tip top shape!



So, I've had the common dual mass flywheel failure symptoms, as well as, a weak clutch and am looking to opt for the single mass flywheel conversion kit. After spending the past few days doing intensive research on this conversion, through US suppliers and forums, I'm still left with a few blanks that I need filled before jumping the gun on a purchase.



In terms of drive line, I can compare directly to the E46 325i, which helps when discussing with the majority of you being from the States. From what I've read on forums, a few of you are running the Valeo Conversion kit, while the rest have upgraded to the UUC Lightweight Flywheel w/M5 Clutch Kit. Both appear to be great options, seeing that the Valeo is a bargain and the UUC is an upgrade if willing to spend the extra money. Please notify me if there are any alternatives that I'm missing here.



Valeo Kit: BavAuto have informed me that the production date for this clutch ends in '03, and thus will not work with my car. They claim that from '03-'04 there have been changes to the E46 transmission and isn't worth taking the risk to buy. ECSTuning on the other hand, also specify a production date of up to '03, however after speaking to one of their reps, they have installed this kit in several E46 models, some of which were '04. Valeo, are in agreeance with BavAuto and claim to not have a listing for an '04 325i. Can anyone confirm that this in fact works on a 5 speed '04-'05 3-Series BMW?

http://ift.tt/1IFo5RD



UUC: I have determined that this kit will work 100% with my car, which has been confirmed by every source that I have come across. My only issue is that I'm not looking to upgrade to an 8.5lb flywheel, since the car is a DD and I would prefer to stay away from excess chatter. Any opinions or feedback regarding this clutch kit would be greatly appreciated.

http://ift.tt/1FTJMz9



ECS Tuning Flywheel: Another option would be to opt for the 16.5lb ECSTuning lightweight flywheel, which looks to be a medium weight that I could likely cope with for daily use. I am also having difficulty confirming that this will work with an OEM clutch disc. Has anybody run this, with what clutch kit and what are your thoughts on the product?

http://ift.tt/1FTJMzb



The last thing I want, is order the wrong product and have go through the hassle of shipping the item back to the US at my cost. This is also something I will be planning to do on a weekend, so I would hate to take it apart and have to put it all back together with nothing to show for.



Please let me know what you're running for your single mass flywheel conversion and on what model. Any input would be hugely appreciated.



Thanks in advance! :pimpin:




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire