lundi 30 mars 2015

Maintenance Advice, please

Hi everyone,

I've owned an '04 330i for about a year now, and was planning on taking up the job of doing the servicing and some other mechanical repairs myself. I recently had the car in for the airbag recall, and got the dealer to do a detailed report on the car in general, so that I could know what leaks needed to be fixed etc.



So basically, need to do a full service, Rocker Cover Gasket, Oil Filter Gasket, replace most of the Oil Separator, Engine Mounts, and the driver's side front wheel hub/bearing. I was just wondering what the best order to tackle these jobs was?



I also have a really irratic, rough idle and rubbish fuel economy (something like 15L/100km o.o) so I was going to give both the MAF and the ICV a good clean out at the same time. Might even check the DISA to see if it's been torn to shreds too. Front control arm bushing probably needs to be done too, but I'm leaving that to another week as I've heard its fairly easy.



So yeah, just wondering how I should tackle that first set of stuff, and whether anyone think the idle/poor fuel economy issues are more than just the MAF or ICV.



Cheers




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire