vendredi 27 mars 2015

Clutch Job - Rear Main Seal - Which type?

Good Morning Bimmers!



I'm about to put a new clutch in my 2002 BMW 325CI and I've got just about all the parts picked out and on order.



I have a question when it comes to the Rear Main Seal which goes around the end of the crankshaft:

I see two part numbers out there. One P/N is 11142249533 and it doesn't have a tension spring built into the design. The other is P/N 11141706785 and it has a tension spring built in. I would assume the "older" design with the tension spring built in would be the better and more expensive one, and yet, that is the less expensive part.



Does anyone have any knowledge or experience on this and know whether or not I should go with the tension spring or non-tension spring part?



Thanks for any help or advice you might have to share!



-NJH




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire