Hey gang!
I have a 2002 coupe with auto transmission, 69.5k mostly babied miles (except the joy I get from putting the pedal to the floor when merging on the highway :excited:)
When accelerating, all gears shift smooth as silk. City & highway downshifts are flawless. However, I've noticed in the last two months, when coming to a stop, there's becoming an increasingly noticeable jerk (and sometimes corresponding "clunk") when it shifts from second back into first. AND THE PART THAT HAS ME CONFUSED: This only happens in regular drive mode. It's perfectly fine when the shifter is switched left to sport mode "S D" :hmm:.
Searching previous posts led me to suspect trans fluid, guibo, diff mounts, etc. I am tempted to change the fluid, but you all know the debate this invites. I basically can't decide if I need to take it to the stealership and have them diagnose the problem, or just go straight to a fluid change and see if that fixes things, given that I'm in a good mileage window right now anyway.
Any insight? Is this a familiar problem? Looking for best combo of saving money while maintaining this car to last a long ass time.
I have a 2002 coupe with auto transmission, 69.5k mostly babied miles (except the joy I get from putting the pedal to the floor when merging on the highway :excited:)
When accelerating, all gears shift smooth as silk. City & highway downshifts are flawless. However, I've noticed in the last two months, when coming to a stop, there's becoming an increasingly noticeable jerk (and sometimes corresponding "clunk") when it shifts from second back into first. AND THE PART THAT HAS ME CONFUSED: This only happens in regular drive mode. It's perfectly fine when the shifter is switched left to sport mode "S D" :hmm:.
Searching previous posts led me to suspect trans fluid, guibo, diff mounts, etc. I am tempted to change the fluid, but you all know the debate this invites. I basically can't decide if I need to take it to the stealership and have them diagnose the problem, or just go straight to a fluid change and see if that fixes things, given that I'm in a good mileage window right now anyway.
Any insight? Is this a familiar problem? Looking for best combo of saving money while maintaining this car to last a long ass time.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire