mercredi 30 juillet 2014

To change the CCV, or not to change the CCV

My SES light has been on for months, and I'm at my wits end chasing down the cause of the P0171 and P0174 codes. I did find a loose clamp in the intake boot near the MAF sensor. I tightened that. I'm considering changing my CCV. I don't see any additional oil consumption, or leaks. When the car is running and I remove the oil filler cap, there is a fair amount of vacuum, making it difficult to remove the cap, then the idle stumbles a bit. When the car is shut off, there is a burping sound. Almost like the engine is relieving pressure. The hose from the valve cover to the CCV was cracked and brittle (replacing), and the hose from the dipstick to the CCV was deteriorated (also replacing). I've looked over the lower intake boot, and seems in good shape. Since it seems like a pretty time consuming project I want to make sure I'm chasing the right problem. Any thoughts or suggestions before diving into this repair?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire