mardi 29 juillet 2014

Review-Replaced Trailing Arm Bushings with Ball joints

So this weekend I replaced the top trailing arm ball joints and the lower bushing with the same ball joint using a autozone jaw puller and sockets. While I was in there I installed new adjustable control arms. Honestly breaking the lower bushings free was intense, and took hours of cranking on the puller I used. I tried hammering, pb blaster, air guns, but eventually brute force and ignorance won. I would not recommend doing this unless you have a buddy to hold the control arm down when your are tightening the puller on the drivers side joints. I followed these instructions, but instead I just broke the bushing free with a 1 1/4" socket on crooked and then pushed it out with a 1", seemed to work much better- http://ift.tt/1zqLp1r



Overall the car felt much tighter, but would I do it again? No. I have new respect for those rubber bushings after watching how bloody strong they are spending hours trying to pop it out stretching them all sorts of directions.



But like that thread says, the 40 dollar puller from autozone can do the trick, if you absolutely need to replace these bushings. Also don't forget to tighten the joints up with the suspension pushed up, not in the drooped position! This can destroy your new bushings/ball joints.



Good luck. Off to an alignment tomorrow





Sent from BimmerApp mobile app




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire