samedi 31 janvier 2015

CCV Hose Diameter Issues?

Hey guys, how are you?



I always check this site out for info but have never been able to join for some reason. It finally worked after YEARS!!!!..lol



Anyway, I was wondering if any of you had or heard of an issue like this.



I recently did my CCV on 2002 325CI. I have small hands but i did not have confidence that I got the hose under manifold on correctly.



I took it apart cause the connection broke and what i did, is I used different hose, fuel or thick rubber hoses and moved the CCV to a different location that I was sure i could connect everything securely using clamps. I am positive that there are no vacuum leaks in that system.



Anyway, i was wondering if any of you think or have done this. If so, with the different diameter of hoses, would that cause me to lose vacuum somewhere, say like the cylinders and piston rings?



I have had a CEL for bank1/2 control limit exceed as well as bank 1/2 trim exceeded. Not sure if they are related to the CCV cause i had them before when CCV went bad and since I wasn't sure if i had attached it correctly the first time, I'm just not sure it's related.



I am thinking i am having a fuel pump issue to cause this but wanted to ask if anyone had experience with different diameter hoses on CCV causing issues.



I figured vacuum is vacuum when it's completely sealed regardless of hose size.



Any input would be appreciated.

thanks..




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire