vendredi 30 janvier 2015

320Ci M54 UK Spec - Vanos Seals replaced - now worse

Hi Guys,



Hope you can help?



I've just replaced my Vanos seals and fitted the rattle fix too. My car ran perfectly before I completed the work, but since fitting I now have hesitation/feeling of misfire/fuel starvation and also feeling the brakes are binding/decelerating to quick when the revs are below 2K rpm. Once I accelerate above 2K rpm the car is quick.



Idle is perfect, but have dipping when A/C compressor kicks in, although it has always done this (even with the last DME update in 2005)



I have run the car through DIS and found no error codes. Also done the VANOS test and found some weird results:



Inlet Camshaft leakage 0.75 - This looks good I believe

Inlet Camshaft Adjustment Time Advance 790ms - This looks bad!

Inlet Camshaft Adjustment Time Retard 540ms - again, no good!



Exhaust Camshaft leakage 0.38 - Looks ok

Exhaust Camshaft Adjustment Time Advance 370ms - too slow still

Exhaust Camshaft Adjustment Time Retard 890ms - very slow



I have seen times up to 1000ms (the limit on the Vanos pass criteria)



Leakage looks ok, I assume this proves solenoids are sealing ok and all seals/vanos covers etc are holding pressure.



So, I guess the slow times are maybe the issue that I can feel in the car. Could it be that the Vanos seals are not bedded in yet? Already done 200miles city driving.



I have seen times around 150-250ms so mine looks very slow.



Any Ideas, knowing it was perfect before?



Vanos Axial play was tiny after the rebuild, both pistons could be rotated easily and moved laterally without binding.



Cheers,



Matt




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire