mercredi 13 août 2014

Stuff I make: Surfboard table

I used to surf alot when I lived in Florida but ever since I moved to Texas I pretty much stick to skateboarding or sailing sunfishes. But I still love surfing culture and tikis. So I found this surfboard table for sale on-line but they wanted $1000 for it. I can do some wood working so I built my own. I had to redo the base because the compound cuts they had on the original one were a PIA to reproduce. This is my prototype, it's 4', pretty stable. I'm thinking of making a six footer for my patio. Longboard style.











I even put a little fin on it...





I did this one kind of old school natural surfboard style as an experiment. This table takes almost one complete 4' x 8' sheet of okoume plywood, but you could use any hi-grade ply-wood. I used okoume in case I wanted to put it outside.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire