mercredi 31 décembre 2014

Ideas needed...

I've been reading through this forum in one form or another for YEARS. I've had an E46 since I've been driving, first with my 2000 Black 323i, and now with a 2000 Silver 323i. The first had catastrophic engine failure on behalf of my mother's driving. She didn't realize that she was in slapstick mode and blew the engine up. The newer one I have is a project car of sorts... bought it cheap and I'm doing the maintenance on it myself. I've replaced a BUNCH of things so far, but this issue is really bothering me.



First, I have no heat. You're going to tell me that there's a bubble/air pocket in the coolant system. Well, you may still be right, but I've flushed it 3 times, all in the preferred method.



Second, I thought it may be the thermostat, but I've been keeping a keen eye on the temp sensor readout from the cluster and it's a pinch high, but it stays between 99-105C. It heats up a bit then the thermostat opens and cools the engine. So I know the engine isn't baking, or cold.



Third, I thought... maybe the water pump. But when I looked in the overflow tank I saw positive flow of coolant. Also when the hose is removed there is significant flow of coolant when the engine is slightly rev'd.



The reason for me suspecting several of these items is because while on the interstate at ~80Mph I get spurts of really hot air from the system, but in normal driving I get nothing but cold air.



So, is this the thermostat, waterpump, auto climate control unit.... or what? I'm stumped. I never had this issue at all with my previous E46. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire