jeudi 27 février 2014

engine not starting after P0170-P0173-P1188-P1189

Last week I was driving my 2000 323i (with over 240,000 miles) and the SES light came on. Immediately the engine started running rough and I had a real lack of power. I limped it to a parking lot and shut it off. I tried to start it again and it would not start. The engine would crank but not fire. Later I towed it home and hooked up my scanner and got the following codes: P0170-P0173-P1188-P1189.

After some research it seemed to point to my CCV system failing although I was still puzzled why it wouldn't start.

The tube from my CCV to my dipstick had a gaping crack in it so yesterday I replaced the CCV, all hoses and the intake tubes for good measure. I cleared the codes and tried to start it again. The engine still wouldn't start and now there are no codes.

I haven't had a chance to check fuel pressure yet but I did do a small shot of starting fluid into the intake tubes (after the MAF) and the engine still didn't fire. No codes and no start. Anyone have any ideas on what I should do next?



Thanks in advance!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire