vendredi 28 février 2014

Car wash.. ratchet strap.. large gallery of photos

So at the title states, I decided to get my car washed. Since there's been so much snow here in Indiana, I decided that a normal car wash wouldn't do enough, and that I needed the assistance of a ratchet strap to really chisel off the salt. So I went to the local car wash and ordered just that!



Summary: went through car wash, ratchet strap tangled in side brushes, now it looks like someone shot the side of my car with deer slugs.



..okay, so I'm full of ****. I went to the car wash to get the salt off the car and there was a truck in front of me. NBD, except about half way through the wash, I heard a loud BANG on the side of my front fender. I was curious at first, but figured my wheel had really banged the side of the car wash guide, and that I was going to have a messed up wheel. Awesome.



Then I heard another bang. And another. After the third bang, I realized something metallic was hitting my car with extreme force. I laid on the horn, but by the time the machines had stopped and the workers got to my car, the spinning side brushes were already at my rear bumper.



What had happened was simple. The jackass in the truck ahead of me had a ratchet strap that had come loose and gotten tangled in the spinning side brushes, and was flapping wildly against anything. When I pulled out of the car wash, the jackass in the truck sped off as soon as he saw me get out of my car, with a look of horror on my face.



Enough rambling, pics are on my Dropbox account. There are several.



http://ift.tt/1pEWB6t



I'm getting the damage assessed in a few minutes by a body shop the local BMW dealer recommended. I'm going to insist they replace everything with OEM parts, regardless of costs. As far as I'm concerned, it has OEM parts now, they shouldn't skip on putting non-OEM parts to repair it.



I've talked to the car wash and have been given a verbal confirmation they're going to pay to fix the damage, but I need to get that in writing. I'll be going back to the car wash once the estimate is done.



Do you guys have any other suggestions or tips as to things to watch out for, things I should mention, or things that I need to have explicitly stated? Since there's a pretty deep ding on an A-Pillar, will they consider this structural damage? I really hope it's not totaled. I love this car more than anything.



Thanks for reading guys, I hope no one has anything like this happen to them!!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire