dimanche 30 mars 2014

Door Problems... could use some help from a guru or two

Hi Guys!



:hi: Just bought myself a 320 ci and very happy! So I thought I would join here as when googling some niggling problems on my car this site had some of the best answers and best DYI how-to's.



The main issue I have at the moment is that the drivers side door on my coupe doesnt drop to allow the window to pass the trim when opening the door which is incredibly frustrating!



I understand that this problem has come up on this forum a couple times but my cars symptoms (so to speak) are slightly different so I thought, for piece of mind, I would ask you all :-)



Syptoms:

- Door doesnt drop (unless after a really cold night, has only happened twice in the month i have had the car)

- The instrument doesnt register that the door is open (unless after a really cold night, has only happened twice in the month i have had the car)

- the drivers door never unlocks when using the keys remote

- the drivers door very rarely locks using the keys remote

- the drivers door always locks when the passanger door is open using the keys remote.



very confusing on some of those points :-/



After doing some research I thought/think it may be the drivers door actuator as I can hear it trying to move the doors locking pin. Tahe forum said that the best way to test or fix it would be put a load of WD40 in there and hope for the best...



nothing happened :(



I have now bought an actuator for the door but while thinking about it... if the instument doesnt say the door is open then whether the actuator was working or not would the door still drop?



Hopefully you guys can help, would very much appreciated!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire