mercredi 5 mars 2014

Rattling and shaking at high speeds? Help!

Hi, I am new to this forum and this is my first post. This forum has been very informative as I am a fairly new BMW owner. I have had my 2004 330ci convertible for almost two years now. I love my ride and want to maintain its awesomeness.



I am experiencing a rattling sound accompanied by increased vibrations/shaking at high speeds. It starts at around 75-80mph and only happens while accelerating. The sound is like a shuttering that increases in frequency as the car accelerates. It sounds like it's coming from the rear drivers side wheel. When I release the throttle, the sound diminishes, even though the car is still cruising at close the to same speed. Step on the pedal again and the sound starts again and gains intensity. This is only happening at highway speeds and starts just south of 80mph.



Let me backup. About 6 months ago, I made side impact with a curb to my rear drivers side wheel. The control arm and shock absorber were replaced, as well as the rear control arm bushing. The wheel and wheel bearing were also repaired and the car aligned. I don't have a lot of faith in the shop that fixed my car. I would not be surprised if my problem has something to do with these components.



Any thoughts? Thanks




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire