lundi 24 mars 2014

Avin android unit review(long video/pic heavy

Thought it was about time to give a personal review on the Avin unit I got to replace my Dynavin unit. I’ll be breaking this review into 2 parts for you guys.

Part 1- opening/install

Part 2- Personal review

I'll also break everything down into sections so you guys can go straight to the stuff the interests you. Mind you I had bronchitisis when filming, so dont mind me sounding like I'm going through puberty :thumbdwn:. The videos are a little all over the place as well :banghead: but I was just making sure I hit everything.



What's in the :censor: BOX!!

Alright So opening the package everything is packed nice and tight.(haha) I received everything the unit needed to run cables and plus the OBD2 reader, a mini cd to setup my personal computer to connect to the obd2 reader (not really necessary but nice to have), 32gb Microsd card (boosting the memory to 1024), 3 replacement screen covers, manual, and the unit itself. They send you two fakra cables incase you might have an older e46 i believe the 01 needs a different fakra from my 02 but I'm not to sure. but its nice to know that this package is prepared.



Install**

Alright So i kind of cheated since I already had the dynavin with most of the wiring run but Ill use a small explanation video to explain everything. The install itself is super easy as you will soon see.





Review



Wifi and external plugins in rear of unit

Wifi connects quick and it has auto connect for any open or previously connected networks. There is three RCA output channels (front, back and sub), the Sub output is a single output channel so you will have to get a rca splitter to connect to it. There is a plugin for Aux input, a backup camera, and external mic(though you dont need the mic since the one built in is better)(I learned that from experience though you might find that it works better). All of which you must buy separately. (the ones dynavin sell work for this unit) Also supports the plugin receiver for tv channels as well as a tv out. Two Usb outputs in the rear and two microsd card slots in the front as well of course. Bluetooth is built into the unit itself.



Overall unit runnings

So first off the unit runs extremely smoothly, that was the first thing i noticed. Start up was quick and the screen was responsive. It handles swipe movements fast and smooth as well. The Main screen is really customizable and there is unlimited things you can do to make it your own. I also want to note that this unit is upgradable and that it allows us to make apps on google store specifically for this unit. So nothing on this unit is set in stone, we can make improvements to the software without actually buying a whole new unit each time. Now onto the more interesting bits.



http://ift.tt/1rrSCLt



USB inputs

The unit comes with to rear inputs for usb and even though it says in the manual that one is for gps and one is for general music and stuff, this is not the case. Really just treat both as a usb 1 and usb 2 inputs. Now what I personally have gone and done, since I didn't want to unplug the wifi dongle every time i wanted to plug in something else (since I had my phone cable plugged into the other one). I went and got a multi adapter just to see if the unit would support multiple inputs through one usb and I can say it does. I can use the wifi plug in and multiple flash drives and the unit picks up all of it. Next thing I would want to try and do is set up a usb to work with the unit (like the sd card i got) that would be devoted entirely to supporting the unit’s memory (having a gb of memory would make this thing crazy quick at running multiple apps, but not really necessary)



Ipod App

So first off this ipod app is one of the main reasons I switched to the avin unit. The avin allows easy scrolling through all the songs that I have on my ipod. So the quick scrolling was the main thing i wanted with this unit (dumb reason i know but its what i wanted) it makes this a breeze to browse, even with it lacking the alphabet side scrolling. Now I must tell you that the avin doesn't have an option to play playlists. I personally dont have a problem with this since I just made an album with copies of the songs i wanted in a playlist, which solves the playlist problem. Avin can take awhile to load a lot of songs especially as many as mine. For me this is not a problem since it plays music while it loads and i can still go to the previous or next songs in the list, I'm just not able to browse the list.I will comment that sometimes when I loaded the unit and went to ipod it loaded all 19gb in 10 seconds.Also if had it running prior to quick start then it has everything ready to go.



http://ift.tt/1puxkZU



Usb and sd music and video

Easy music playback and has an album scroll similar to ipod itunes. Also plays most movie formats without any issues. (mp4, mpeg, ect.) Didnt play .mov formats through usb but plays them through an actual dvd(go figure). Also contains track bar so you can pick a location in a song instead of FWD or RWD to it



http://ift.tt/1rrSBXV



http://ift.tt/1puxl00





OBD2 bluetooth and torque

If you buy the optional bluetooth OBD2 connector you can wirelessly transmit to the torque app on the unit. Of course you will have to buy the whole app to get the most out of it, if you dont already own it on google store.(If you do, log onto your account on the play store, then you can load it) Otherwise you are running the limited free app. Everything runs perfectly and I can even reset my fault codes. Its pretty sick. I do sometimes have trouble auto connecting to the obd but if i stop the app or manually connect through bluetooth setting i don't have any problems. This seems to be a new problem with the torque software really since I never had the problem with my phone until an update to the app about 6 months ago, and ever since the obd sometimes has trouble connecting to the ecu even with just my phone.



http://ift.tt/1puxlgg



Navigation

You have a couple of options for this. The unit comes with google nav already on it but this requires a data connection to do the searching on the address, after that though it only uses the gps. If you want a navigation that doesn't require any internet then you can go pay a little extra the Igo primo application and load the maps onto the gps 4gb sd card (the one on the right) and it'll run straight off of that. There is also a free open source nav app on google store called navfree which is what i'm using. Only issue with this app is once you're in it and try to jump apps while having it run in the background, it will sometimes shut itself down. otherwise it works fine if you stay in it when your start your route.



http://ift.tt/1rrSBY7



extra on usafree nav:

http://ift.tt/1puxm3Z



Auxillary input

You'll have to buy the input from dynavin store to have it with this. Works just like a regular input not much to say about it. I would suggest getting the flush mount like I did so you can run it somewhere else beside the glove compartment.



http://ift.tt/1rrSCel



Radio

Runs smoothly and sounds great(depends on reception of course but otherwise). Gives you the station song readout and can also do traffic transmission read though i haven't had the chance to test that. Also I didn hit this in the video but you have the option to browse channels by genres if the station has it set up which is pretty nifty, I haven't seen it before except for Sirius radio or HD.



http://ift.tt/1puxlgm



Bluetooth

Bluetooth syncs up immediately to my phone. I have even had it sync while i've been on a phone call and it just started putting the voice through the speakers. very seamless. It gives you the option to sync phone book when phone connects, which will limit what you from playing music through BT while its loading your long list of contacts. It will continue playing music however if you have BT music going before you sync your contacts or if you just click play on your phone and not on the unit itself.



http://ift.tt/1puxm44



extra video

http://ift.tt/1rrSCeo



CD/DVD

CD player works fine if not better than the oem radio. I haven't had it skip when going over bumps or anything. It will show labels of the songs on the disk if there is any. You can jump to any track so no repeatedly clicking next to get to where you want. Dvd player supports most standard dvd except blu rays (at least thats what the manual says I haven't actually tested a blu ray only a standard dvd). Great quality and you also get the main menu options as you would on your tv. Both modes allow you to track to a time in the movie or music through the track bar,(same as the bar on the bottom of a youtube video that tracks the time in the video) makes browsing easier than FWD or RWD.



http://ift.tt/1puxm46





EQ/Visualization

http://ift.tt/1rrSD22



I believe that covers about everything and I know i hit a couple of other stuff in my videos. I tried to make sure i covered everything and this is my first review so sorry if its a little disorganised, but it should hit all the finer points if you go through most of it. If you have any questions feel free to post them on here and Ill try to help out.



I leave you gentlemen and ladies with that and a little music to enjoy your day:thumbup:

http://ift.tt/18YfF4L




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire