It looks like I am moving to the San Jose area in little over a month and I have a couple of gun related questions.
First, I have an AK and I am assuming the laws won't allow me to have it with high capacity magazines (especially since it is coming from out of state)? I would have thought that people in Cali have over 10 rnd capacity magazines for their ARs. Or because I am moving into California I would be considered an importer making bringing magazines with me illegal?
2nd, are there any laws regarding modifications to guns? I ask because the AK is slightly modded and I have an 870 with a couple of modifications.
I am considering selling or trading in for a few different guns. Must magazines, I mean clips (:D) in Cali be less than 10 rnds? If I must get rid of it is there anyone here that can determine a fair trade in value?
California states there is no firearm registration except for assault weapon owners and personal handgun importers (http://ift.tt/1BEw4Lp). Assuming I am considered an importer since I am moving from out of state I will assume that any guns in my possession will have to be registered according to the response from the FAQ. Is this correct? Will there be less of a headache waiting until I get into Cali to buy a gun or should I buy it outside of the state and just bring them with me? I am assuming just having them with me will be a better time saver. The Firearm Ownership Report and New Resident Report look quite similar.
First, I have an AK and I am assuming the laws won't allow me to have it with high capacity magazines (especially since it is coming from out of state)? I would have thought that people in Cali have over 10 rnd capacity magazines for their ARs. Or because I am moving into California I would be considered an importer making bringing magazines with me illegal?
2nd, are there any laws regarding modifications to guns? I ask because the AK is slightly modded and I have an 870 with a couple of modifications.
I am considering selling or trading in for a few different guns. Must magazines, I mean clips (:D) in Cali be less than 10 rnds? If I must get rid of it is there anyone here that can determine a fair trade in value?
California states there is no firearm registration except for assault weapon owners and personal handgun importers (http://ift.tt/1BEw4Lp). Assuming I am considered an importer since I am moving from out of state I will assume that any guns in my possession will have to be registered according to the response from the FAQ. Is this correct? Will there be less of a headache waiting until I get into Cali to buy a gun or should I buy it outside of the state and just bring them with me? I am assuming just having them with me will be a better time saver. The Firearm Ownership Report and New Resident Report look quite similar.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire