Glad to have a reason to visit this forum, it looks great...
I recently acquired a 2001 330i, which is in the early build run. I'm having a hell of a time finding someone to upgrade the head unit to Sirius.
The dealer said that my build date won't allow for upgrading the head unit to the newer unit, which they would have sold me for $1,600!!
Is this the case? What are my alternatives if I want a clean install on a head unit that will allow for Sirius for sure, and ideally Aux In as well! Cost is not really a concern, but I don't want to blow $1,600 unnecessarily.
I know this has probably been asked and answered based on the searches, but the dealer had issues with the part numbers, as most of the threads were from the late 2000's on this subject that I could find elsewhere.
TIA!
Edited to add:
I haven't followed this car very closely, so unlike other cars I've owned, I'm learning this as I go. The dealer was super unsure about what I was asking about, and I'll admit I'm not super inclined to hammer through hundreds of old threads until I can find the exact detail I need.
If someone could walk through it on a very basic level for me, which I may need to run past the dealer so I can annoy them some more, it would be greatly appreciated.
I recently acquired a 2001 330i, which is in the early build run. I'm having a hell of a time finding someone to upgrade the head unit to Sirius.
The dealer said that my build date won't allow for upgrading the head unit to the newer unit, which they would have sold me for $1,600!!
Is this the case? What are my alternatives if I want a clean install on a head unit that will allow for Sirius for sure, and ideally Aux In as well! Cost is not really a concern, but I don't want to blow $1,600 unnecessarily.
I know this has probably been asked and answered based on the searches, but the dealer had issues with the part numbers, as most of the threads were from the late 2000's on this subject that I could find elsewhere.
TIA!
Edited to add:
I haven't followed this car very closely, so unlike other cars I've owned, I'm learning this as I go. The dealer was super unsure about what I was asking about, and I'll admit I'm not super inclined to hammer through hundreds of old threads until I can find the exact detail I need.
If someone could walk through it on a very basic level for me, which I may need to run past the dealer so I can annoy them some more, it would be greatly appreciated.
Dated information...adding Sirius to my 2001 330i
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire