samedi 24 juin 2017

'01 tranny problem, no reverse took to trans repair.. YIKES

My son's zf519hp tranny in his '01 started acting up, no reverse and started slipping in high gear. I searched around for a reputable place and took it to a-plus transmissions in Magnolia TX after speaking to the representative. With sight unseen, this rep told me "we do a lot of BMWs and I believe your problems is nothing more than a transmission pump going out. I said I have research and found the the revers drums usually break in these transmissions. I asked him an approximate cost for repair, he said $900, and that included the 495.00 to take the transmission out and thoroughly check it. The car drove 45 miles to the transmission place and they took it apart, After two,days the rep called and said the cost to repair was going to be 3700.00. I said the cars not worth that much. He then said that they could put in lower cost parts and it could bring the price to 2700.00. He told me also that the $495 would cover the taking the trans out checking it and putting it back in. I went to the site and checked over the price and found that in fact the reverse drum was cracked and all the parts are in a box. These are the parts they said must be replaced:
Master rebuild kit "with all metals" thus includes the revers drum, torque converter, front pump assembly, valve body, oil filter and transmission oil." Here what I need to know, does all these parts typically need to be replaced when rebuilding a transmission? The cars only worth $2100 if the transmission is working, with out it working worth maybe $1000. I first negotiated I come pick up the transmission and do it myself then take it back to them and let them put it back in, all for the 495.00 plus my labor/time and the parts I would buy. The second deal I tried to negotiate was to transfer the title to them to wipe off he balance plus $500.00. They came back with a final offer of $give us the title and we'll clear the balance due. Now the car has brand new tires on it worth 400.00, an aftermarket radio worth 150.00 plus the engine is good but has an oil leak which I can't find. When I asked if I took their title swap deal, the rep said "no the car goes as is" I was just shocked at the way I was treated and honestly do not know which way to go. I hate to invest 2700 into the car. Your suggestions, comments?


'01 tranny problem, no reverse took to trans repair.. YIKES

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire