lundi 5 juin 2017

Full Size Spare Tire Inquiry - 17"x7" vs 17"x8"

I've put 50,000 miles on my E-46 330i since I bought it used and never encountered a flat tire. My luck ran out close to home as I found my rear tire completely flat over the weekend. I went to install my spare, only to find out that the previous owner had left a bald tire in place of the spare tire. No hub, no spare, just a useless tire.

Searching the forums here, it seems the best advice is to get a full size spare. I came across a lucky find on craigslist. A guy is selling 3 BMW OEM rims with tires for a cheap price per wheel. He hit a pothole and damaged a rim so he's stuck selling them individually.

The only hang up is the rims are 17"x8" and my stock rims are 17"x7" (2002 BMW 330i non-sport). I believe the E-46 wheel arches can handle up to a 8.5" rim with tires up to 235 or 245.

My question is, if I'm running 205's (17"x7") on all four corners and I put a 225 (17"x 8") spare on, assuming it's balanced, would it significantly impact performance as a spare? My gut says I'm good to go, but I thought I'd double check on here.


Full Size Spare Tire Inquiry - 17"x7" vs 17"x8"

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire