About 2 weeks ago, I replaced the CCV on my sisters 2006 330Ci. Her car had numerous vacuum leaks, so I showed her how when you unscrew the oil filter cap, the car runs poorly, which it did. I believe this means the CCV is working properly.
I also did my 330i's CCV a month and a half ago, and yesterday I noticed when I unscrewed the cap, the engine did not struggle to run as much as hers did (even my 222k E36 ran crappy with the cap unscrewed). The tone did change, but not much.
I do have some crankcase vacuum if I put a plastic bag over the caps opening. But I don't know if judging how the car runs with the oil filter cap off is a good way of testing.
I'll have to check all my connections this weekend, but I'm fairly certain I double checked all fittings as I assembled.
Does anyone have a video of what the engine should do when the CCV is operating properly? Is the oil cap removal test even a good indicator that it is working?
Thanks!
I also did my 330i's CCV a month and a half ago, and yesterday I noticed when I unscrewed the cap, the engine did not struggle to run as much as hers did (even my 222k E36 ran crappy with the cap unscrewed). The tone did change, but not much.
I do have some crankcase vacuum if I put a plastic bag over the caps opening. But I don't know if judging how the car runs with the oil filter cap off is a good way of testing.
I'll have to check all my connections this weekend, but I'm fairly certain I double checked all fittings as I assembled.
Does anyone have a video of what the engine should do when the CCV is operating properly? Is the oil cap removal test even a good indicator that it is working?
Thanks!
Does anyone have a video of a properly working CCV?
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire