samedi 17 juin 2017

Cluster Swap Tamper Dot Removal (success)

When I google searched this I couldn't find any posts newer than 2014ish. The posts that were successful talked about swapping the M35080 chip.

I was able to do it using PAsoft BMWScan 1.4.
I did this on a 2000 323Ci. The "new" cluster was from the junkers, from a 323i from I believe 2000.

First, I copied down the mileage from the old cluster and recorded/converted to kilometers. Also recorded the VIN number. You only need the last seven digits.
Then, I swapped the clusters. Sure enough, the tamper dot showed up.
I was able to change the mileage easy enough but when I tried to change the vin it told me to reset first. There is a button to reset, but it is grayed out.

To reset the mileage; (program it to "000000")
First, in the EWS I programmed the EWS --> IKE.
Then in the IKE I did the same thing. EWS --> IKE.
I then hit restart in the IKE
I then programmed mileage to "000000"... success
Programmed the last 7 of the VIN, no more tamper dot.
Programmed the mileage to be correct.
Good as new.


Cluster Swap Tamper Dot Removal (success)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire