samedi 24 juin 2017

Building a Hay Wagon

I was browsing kijiji and craigslist in hopes of finding a pristine wagon, with no luck. So, I figured I'd start from the bottom up and build to my taste and restore the wagon my way.
One late night I found a great fixer-upper, pulled the trigger and got myself a project for the summer.
I did some googling trying to find more information about Bardon wagons. To my great surprise I found this community dedicated to the E46 wagon chassis.

The details:
Mfg: Bardon Metal Wagons
Model: E46-03-325IT-5SPD-ZSP

A sweet example, 10 Ton axles and frame 20x8, with articulated front end and lots of room in the back.

Once I got the wagon, the deck was too far gone to simply fix and call it a day. Frame up restoration time!!

I've started with new frame rails, 8x12x20' D Fir. These beasts should really tighten up the chassis.

Bask in its glory!


A couple of the rims wouldn't hold air after sitting around for god knows how long. Found a set of rims which would work. The aluminum rims should last much longer than the steel ones it had before. But I'm not completely sold on the look... You guys have any suggestions?


The rim clears the axle drop downs and tie rods. The one problem is the tire will rub the deck fender when going over rough terrain.
My solution is to add a wedge spacer to the knuckle and give the wheel plenty of negative camber. This should tuck the wheel right up under the deck and be flush with the deck fenders.


What do you guys think? Think I should I find some different rims? I'm thinking the suspension will need some work, the handling won't be that great...


Building a Hay Wagon

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire