lundi 5 juin 2017

Advice Needed - Tire Noise

Maybe someone can help with this issue or not. Any info appreciated.

Last year my car was making noises similar to bad wheel bearings. I did the shake test and the wheel was tight. However, my e36M had bad wheel bearings and it passed the shake test. Anyway, right after I replaced both front wheel bearings, the noise continued. I chalked it up to bad tires. Fast forward a week or two and winter arrives. I put my winter setup, which are 18" wheels from an e90. These wheels do not require spacers, but my summer setup does, since I have 19" CSL wheels and Stoptech ST40s all around. The fronts need 15mm spacers due to the calipers.

With the e90 wheels, the noise instantly stops. A few weeks ago this year, I put back on the summer setup. The tires are 225/40-19 Contis ExtremeContact DW. The noise is obviously back and it resonates in the car. No wobble and the car drives smooth as can be. It even sounds like my brakes are grinding. It's so weird. I literally put the winters back on to prove a point and the noise disappears.

Is it possible the tires are crap even though they look brand new and have deep tread? Is there anyway possible that the spacers are causing some issue? The tires were remounted and balanced before installing the summer setup, since I had the wheels powder coated.

This past weekend I did score a used set of the same Contis only wider (235/35-19, so I am hoping that fixes the issue. If not, at least I'll have wider tires up front lol


Advice Needed - Tire Noise

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire