I searched, but didn't bring up anything that looked similar.
Earlier today I got a call from a friend because his E46 wouldn't start. Went over to help, listened for priming, checked the relay with a multimeter, etc--fuel pump was dead. The local dealership wanted $380, and the best local price for a fuel pump was $270 at AutoZone. He needed the car running ASAP, so we went to get the AutoZone pump. Delphi parts are generally good, so I thought it would be at least reasonably okay. First I noticed "made in Germany" on the box, which I thought odd. Then, when we got back and inspected it, I noticed VDO on the top, and compared it to the original pump and found them to be nearly identical. I looked online and, sure enough, the part number on the top of the pump assembly matched the Siemens/VDO. It's the same pump.
Obviously, it's better to buy it online for under $200. But it's good to know that the proper pump can be purchased locally at AutoZone.
Earlier today I got a call from a friend because his E46 wouldn't start. Went over to help, listened for priming, checked the relay with a multimeter, etc--fuel pump was dead. The local dealership wanted $380, and the best local price for a fuel pump was $270 at AutoZone. He needed the car running ASAP, so we went to get the AutoZone pump. Delphi parts are generally good, so I thought it would be at least reasonably okay. First I noticed "made in Germany" on the box, which I thought odd. Then, when we got back and inspected it, I noticed VDO on the top, and compared it to the original pump and found them to be nearly identical. I looked online and, sure enough, the part number on the top of the pump assembly matched the Siemens/VDO. It's the same pump.
Obviously, it's better to buy it online for under $200. But it's good to know that the proper pump can be purchased locally at AutoZone.
VDO fuel pump at AutoZone sold as Delphi
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire