dimanche 18 juin 2017

Transmission won't shift out of park

Hi all, Long time reader, but lost my old username lol.

The car: 2005 330xi Automatic. The problem is it is stuck in park. I start the car, press the brake, shift down- nothing happens. The shifter moves, but with no detents between r,n,d, it’s kinda floppy. Dash indicator stays at P even as it moves (console lights indicate a change of gears). I went into the shifter compartment, and there are no visible issues, the cable actuator it attached, no wires broken, checked all engine, diagnostic, and tranny related fuses. There is no gear ! indicator tranny warning light on, would OBD2 show codes without it being on?

I just bought the thing last Wednesday- yeah yeah I should have done better due diligence. 97k miles and it ran well for a couple of days, then when I was heading to work, this happened friday morning.

I’m in an apartment complex, so getting underneath is tough. How can I even get it out of park to tow it to a shop?

What other things can I look for topside? Is it a mechanical linkage or an electrical linkage?

PS, My old car is a 99 323i with 300k miles kept running because of this forum, so I’m not too inept lol. Any avenues to pursue would be great:banghead:


Transmission won't shift out of park

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire