samedi 24 juin 2017

Thanks for help

Hello everyone I just wanted to say thank you very much for allowing me in and admit that I have been using you guys for the last couple of weeks to help me with issues on my 01 330i. I made a purchase and this will be my third BMW but I haven't had one in several years period And I really like the family car look yet sporty handling and probably one of the most powerful stocks 6 cylinder power plant I've ever driven. The two major issues that I have left with the vehicle to have it in what one would call perfect condition for its age with the exception of a couple of splits on the seat is I have a couple of oil packs that I need to change and what I did was rather than counting on others to scan my car since I tinker around a diesel mechanic shop and that's when 18 wheelers I decided to purchase my own scanner period so I was able to pull the information and it is accurate because I double checked it with BMW shop. Anyway and I've had some issues that I've looked up in your forum and I've gotten ideas and it worked great so now my latest is when it was idling in the driveway after I dumped my air condition system and cleaned it period it was working fine but unfortunately the large fan on the front which would be the condenser fan of assume does not work. I let the car idle after recharging the car properly because the head pressure was about Believe It or Not 75 pounds over and once I did all that the car was running beautifully even with the coil pack needing to be replaced because it doesn't always become a problem. It's only a problem when it's idling sometimes but anyway I did all that and I wanted to see how the car would idle and cool after about 30 minutes of idling well I learned that's not a good idea because I know that the hoses were changed a new radiator was placed and I don't think the bottom hoses were placed and I won't be able to tell until I take it off however I assumed since I was reading what everyone was posting that it had to be my expansion tank because of the similar situation period it was idling fine building up pressure I guess temperature was fine and when I decided to shut the car down I put it in reverse to park it and when I put it in reverse and gave it the slightest amount throttle, I heard a loud pop underneath and all of the fluid Escape immediately that would be easy coolant. So after I let it cool down and it was dark out I wanted to see if I possibly had a freeze plug or maybe even a cracked head or head gasket so using process of elimination I went to fill it with just water to see if I had a major issue when my hand and as I went through the process and filled the tank because I wasn't going to run the vehicle I just wanted to put water in it as soon as I placed water into it it ran right out of the bottom and it appeared it would be easy expansion tank but I was told it to was replaced along with the top hoses and the radiator and water pump and that's what the receipt says but I did not find a lower hose replacement. So during the day it's a little tough so I waited until evening after work and other chores I look down at the bottom very carefully with a penlight that I could get in there without taking apart because life has been very busy and I have not had time to really get on to work with the car so I saw it two blue wires coming from the bottom of the expansion tank with a 4 inch gap between the hose and the expansion tank. Something happened and the hose blew off I assumed when pressure was built period so I'm going to educate myself on what would cause that much pressure number one and number two I'm going to determine how much damage there is obviously I'm going to replace the hose and sensors etc etc the car never overheated at all because it was running and I was in the driver seat when this happened so as soon as it happened I shut it off but prior to that all the gauges were fine because I kept an eye on them while it was idling. If a vehicle is idling naturally other than a big diesel truck I'm not going to just leave it alone. So that's what I had happen and now I'm going to work on it as time permits but my health is kind of keeping me down and I'm not as able to get everything done such as work and the house hand anything else that needs to be done. Work before play so. Again thank you all for allowing me to join ( thank you administrators) and I hope that I will be able to offer up good information to you all.
God bless you all and have a great weekend I don't know if you will post a photo of your vehicle, but mine is nothing special but I will try to post a pic of it period I really want to change the wheels I don't care for the turbine look. I have 17 inch wheels on it I think and I found some 19 inch powder coated 6 or 8 spoke that would look outstanding but I have too many other things at the moment as I said work before play.


Thanks for help

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire