Hi. I removed cylinder head because combustion gases were slowly entering cooling system. block tester turned yellow (took at least 10 minutes), it must be a small leak. before hand i did a compression test with these results.
cylinder: cold psi / hot psi
1: 175 / 170
2: 160 / 165
3: 170 / 175
4: 175 / 170
5: 175 / 170
6: 170 / 175
I took the head gasket out and I can't see any cracks. I don't really know what to look for. Here are pictures of head, block, and both sides of gasket. I grouped them into cylinders 1 through 3 and 4 through 6.
Also there are 2 machine shops in my area (Belmont/Charlotte NC). One is asking $45 the other one is asking $150 basically to make the head smooth again. Maybe the $45 one has bad equipment and is a chop shop and the other one is overcharging, not sure what to make of those prices yet.
Could you guys take a look at these pictures and tell me if you see anything out of the ordinary? I have more pictures and I can take close ups too if you want.
Here is cylinders 1 through 3:





Here is cylinder 4 through 6:




cylinder: cold psi / hot psi
1: 175 / 170
2: 160 / 165
3: 170 / 175
4: 175 / 170
5: 175 / 170
6: 170 / 175
I took the head gasket out and I can't see any cracks. I don't really know what to look for. Here are pictures of head, block, and both sides of gasket. I grouped them into cylinders 1 through 3 and 4 through 6.
Also there are 2 machine shops in my area (Belmont/Charlotte NC). One is asking $45 the other one is asking $150 basically to make the head smooth again. Maybe the $45 one has bad equipment and is a chop shop and the other one is overcharging, not sure what to make of those prices yet.
Could you guys take a look at these pictures and tell me if you see anything out of the ordinary? I have more pictures and I can take close ups too if you want.
Here is cylinders 1 through 3:
Here is cylinder 4 through 6:
please take a look at head gasket pictures
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire