samedi 17 juin 2017

P0171 & P0174 and now P0133

jfoj:

2004 330 ci, ~174,000 miles, all stock equipment

First let me say thanks to you for all of the posts/replies you have made that have helped me and many, many others. Thanks to you, I have made great strides in learning about this car, which is really my son's, but I enjoy working on it since he is very busy with his new daughter. He/we have had the car since it was new.

I provide the following history in an attempt to help with analysis. Please excuse if too verbose. Last November, 2016, after taking the car to the local indy shop because of hesitation on acceleration, with no codes, the indy shop said the only thing they could do was to start replacing things to see what helped. My son let them talk him into doing a brake job and the car left the shop doing the same thing as when it went in, at 170,000 miles. I had him bring it to my house and we swapped cars while I worked on it. I finally thought about trying to find a way to get it to show a code failure. There is a ~15% grade 1/2 mile hill ~ a mile from my house. I took the car over there and floored it going up the hill. SES light came on, and then went off when I came down another hill coming back to my house. I read the codes: P0171, P0305, P0304, P0300.
After reading about these codes on this forum and others, and knowing that the car had had virtually none of the items replaced/maintained as mentioned in connection with theses failures, I replaced the following items:

Spark plugs (first time for the car)
Fuel Filter (first time)
DISA Valve (o-ring had flattened)
Both Intake Bellows (found no cracks)
Replaced CCV system with all piping (first time) and Oil Dipstick o-ring
Replaced Throttle Body o-ring

Cleaned:
Mass Air Flow Sensor
Throttle Body
Idle Control Valve

Then my son needed the car back. It was only performing a little better. I could still force it to throw the same types of codes going up that steep hill.

Then this May just past, the water pump went up, which I had put in the car in March, 2015. We had the car brought to my house and we swapped cars again. In addition to replacing the water pump with a different, and I hope better, brand that BavAuto gave me $30 credit towards, I have replaced the following in connection with the P0171 issues:

Replaced:
Valve Cover Gasket
Rebuilt VANOS unit with new Teflon and Viton seals
Mass Air Flow Sensor (the highest voltage I could get out of it was ~1.5V @4k RPM)
Fuel Pump (it had about 50k miles on it)

Last weekend, I ran two smoke tests, fixing two vacuum leaks. The 3rd smoke test today, the vacuum system seemed to be actually holding some pressure with no smoke leaking from any where I can see from either above or below the car and in back of the intake manifold. I visually checked the Power Brake booster vacuum hose and poked around during the smoke test. It still seems to have integrity. I hear no sounds coming from the brake booster when the car is running.

This week, I learned about OBD Fusion/VeePeak. During my test runs while learning about the scanner/interface, the car threw the codes listed in the thread title above when I accelerated from the shoulder to get back on to the highway. I am attaching reports and logs per your 'OBD Fusion, How to Log Data, courtesy of jfoj' thread:

I triple checked my OBD Fusion Log setup and see that I did indeed select the 22 SAE PIDs per your instructions.

Cold Start Diag Report:
http://ift.tt/2rqshlZ

Cold Start Log:
http://ift.tt/2rqPVP4

Cruise Log:
http://ift.tt/2rqFzPa

Warm Idle Log:
http://ift.tt/2rqe0Wo

Warm Idle Report:
http://ift.tt/2rqdDv6


I have ordered both new pre-cat Oxygen sensors and will install them when they get here.

Would you have any suggestions as to where I might look next to resolve this? In addition to the codes, there is still hesitation in the 2 to 3 thousand RPM range. An indy shop wants ~$180 to do a DME flash. I'm still shopping on that issue. Could fuel injectors be an issue? They have never been cleaned or replaced since the car was new. Is there any way to test them with out removing them?

As mentioned earlier, thanks in advance for your time and trouble._a_


P0171 & P0174 and now P0133

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire