vendredi 16 juin 2017

Need to get to latches, but roof is closed

Hey guys. I started a different thread regarding my latches, and I was told that with the top closed, there is no DIY for getting of the metal cover which gives access to the windshield latch mechanism. I need to replace the gear / screw piece.

I was just going to appeal to anyone for best way to get that cover off in my other thread, but I figured would be seen more this way. I have done some research, but can't seem to come up with any thread or post about how to get it off by brute force, with minimal damage. Does anyone have knowledge or experience with this issue? if so, how did you do it?

Also, can someone pleae post a pic or two of what everything looks like with the cover off? Maybe then I can engineer a way of getting it off (cutting or something). I am hoping to be able to reuse it, but if not I will find another one. I think if I had a pic of the layout with it off, I might be able to find a spot to cut to give access to the latches....

Any help / advice from people who have actually tried / done it is appreciated. Please dont take this the wrong way, but if you havent done it, or tried, I am not interested in what you can regurgitate from elsewhere.


Need to get to latches, but roof is closed

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire