I got into a chat with my friend last night about seemingly random feelings we have each experienced at certain points in our lives that have provided some insight into the near term future. A "prediction" is a goofy thing to call it, and maybe it's just intuition or luck.
A good example is driving along, going at above-legal speeds, and suddenly getting an overwhelming uneasy feeling causing us to slow down. Inevitably there will be a cop, patch of sand, or some hazard that we were able to avoid. This might sound coincidental, but it has happened to me so many times that I get pretty creeped out when it happens.
On a recent motorcycle ride, I was feeling uneasy about the ride all day and just had this gut feeling that something bad would happen. Lo and behold, we encountered an oncoming car in a narrow section of road and I crashed. Coincidence?
As an engineer I realize that correlation doesn't imply causation and I'm going to obviously remember and focus on these "lucky" moments, blocking out the bad or mundane moments. But I do feel there is something else at play. Is it just intuition?
Strangely enough there have been some pretty weird studies into this global consciousness thing. I'm not sure I buy it, but the idea is pretty interesting. What are your thoughts?
http://ift.tt/2rMiYfu
http://ift.tt/1mleDcv
A good example is driving along, going at above-legal speeds, and suddenly getting an overwhelming uneasy feeling causing us to slow down. Inevitably there will be a cop, patch of sand, or some hazard that we were able to avoid. This might sound coincidental, but it has happened to me so many times that I get pretty creeped out when it happens.
On a recent motorcycle ride, I was feeling uneasy about the ride all day and just had this gut feeling that something bad would happen. Lo and behold, we encountered an oncoming car in a narrow section of road and I crashed. Coincidence?
As an engineer I realize that correlation doesn't imply causation and I'm going to obviously remember and focus on these "lucky" moments, blocking out the bad or mundane moments. But I do feel there is something else at play. Is it just intuition?
Strangely enough there have been some pretty weird studies into this global consciousness thing. I'm not sure I buy it, but the idea is pretty interesting. What are your thoughts?
http://ift.tt/2rMiYfu
http://ift.tt/1mleDcv
Global Consciousness, a Sixth Sense, or something else?
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire