mardi 20 juin 2017

Fuel

I own a 2001 BMW 330i and yesterday when driving home(Temecula, Ca) from Laughlin, Nevada my engine started to cut out and eventually stalled. I was able to immediately restart but the cutting out happend 3-4 more times through out the 250 mile drive. The engine only stalled once but felt like it was going to shut off. Last year I had this same symptom and engine shut off after hesitating @ freeway speed but would not restart. Faulty fuel pump was the culprit and the symptom felt exactly the same just before the fuel pump went out last year. In both case the ambient temperature was above 110 degrees(118 in some spots) but I was able to make it home and it seems that once I was able to reach ambient temperatures of 105 or lower my car now runs fine. Engine light has been on for about 3 months now due to a faulty catalytic converter(P0430) and I scan checked this morning and now codes P0155 and P0455 are stored, neither of which I think would contribute to my drivability concern. I am now convinced my concern is definately the fuel pump and that it is definately related to higher ambient temperatures as I have never experienced this concern when ambient temp is below 105. Any input and or insight would be appreciated.


Fuel

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire