samedi 24 juin 2017

BMW E46-318i-M43/Sedan starter turns but does not engage flywheel

Hi. I have a BMW E46-318i-M43/Sedan. It was fine all along till day before yesterday. When I turn the key to start I can here the starter rolling and not engaging the flywheel via the solenoid. I then took out the intake manifold to bench test the starter and guess what, on the bench with jumpers, the solenoid engages just fine (with same battery from the car with 12.25v). So I put everything back and turn the key, same thing, starter rolls but does not engage the flywheel. Now because my transmission is manual my car starts on push and drives fine. Please help, do you have an idea what the problem could be?

Another thing, it looks like on the car the starter misbehaves because as a secondary try after the above procedure, I jumped the ignition start to crank the starter manually using jumper cables while it was connected to the car and the result, it rolls just like the key start. I would really appreciate your assistance in this matter. Thank you.:banghead:


BMW E46-318i-M43/Sedan starter turns but does not engage flywheel

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire