Ok, I asked about this when I first got the car last year, but no answers.
When I first start the car and the engine is cool there is a high pitched whistle sound coming from the under the hood. It varies pitch slightly, but not much and not according to rev. Once the engine gets warmed up or I start it on a hot day, like today, over 90 it doesn't whistle. I can't identify where it's coming from with the hood up. I changed one air-intake boot/hose that had some slight cracking, (the other one is fine), but it made no difference.
Since it goes away so quickly, I haven't worried about it too much. It's mildly annoying to me, but probably more so to my neighbors in the morning when I leave for work.
Any ideas? Anyone?
Thanks!
When I first start the car and the engine is cool there is a high pitched whistle sound coming from the under the hood. It varies pitch slightly, but not much and not according to rev. Once the engine gets warmed up or I start it on a hot day, like today, over 90 it doesn't whistle. I can't identify where it's coming from with the hood up. I changed one air-intake boot/hose that had some slight cracking, (the other one is fine), but it made no difference.
Since it goes away so quickly, I haven't worried about it too much. It's mildly annoying to me, but probably more so to my neighbors in the morning when I leave for work.
Any ideas? Anyone?
Thanks!
A different whistle issue
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire