My 328Ci is having periodic VANOS issues that is accompanied by a hard start (cranks for a little longer than usual about 4-5 seconds but starts every time) the car is down on power and it feels like the VVT is stuck in high rpm timing, the power below 3000 RPM is extremely poor and feels sputtery then slowy wakes up at around 3000 RPM until 4000 RPM and then it seems pretty normal, maybe a little weaker. A simple recycle of the key on and off and the car starts like nothing was ever wrong and pulls clean and strong to redline. Ive already bought and installed a cam sensor as i was getting a code for it and it hasnt fixed anything and the code is still reappearing after each hard start, the adaptations and codes have been cleared multiple times. I already checked the intake solenoid and it was actuating normally without any sticking. I'm lead to believe its something electrical as a mechanical problem wouldn't just disappear with a cyclling of the ignition. New upgraded VANOS seals are going in the car shortly when my new cooling system is put in but I dont think that would be the issue. My mechanic and I are at a loss and any help would be appreciated.
Sorry if this has been covered couldnt find anything like this I will try to get a video of the problem soon.
Apologies if this is posted in the wrong section!
Sorry if this has been covered couldnt find anything like this I will try to get a video of the problem soon.
Apologies if this is posted in the wrong section!
328Ci Cam Sensor Woes
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire