lundi 5 juin 2017

E46 328 AT not shifting, slow moving car and exhaust smoke Very strange. Need some

Hello to all

My car is a 2000 E46 328ci with AT steptronic transmission. Midway through my return trip home from work the AT gear icon came on and the rpm's jumped to around 6K. I immediately noticed it was very slow in accelerating. I had to apply much more pressure on the gas pedal so the vehicle would run. I managed to get home and immediately turned off the car and went to get my laptop to connect INPA

When i reinserted the key to put the ignition to the "on" position without starting the engine, the AT gear icon disappeared from the dash. I connected INPA to check the errors in the AT computer and got the following


I went ahead and started up the car and immediately saw clear (similar to when its freezing outside and your car starts to smoke) but in a large amount gradually tapering off in about one minutes time. I put the car in drive/reverse in my garage and moved very slightly back and forth two times and all seems perfect

What could be wrong? There are no external oil/coolant leaks and i checked coolant and the oil dipstick and all is mormal

May i add that the only thing i replaced over the weekend was the MAF sensor. I purchased a VDO unit

Any feedback will be appreciated.

I just took the car for a ride around the corner and it works flawlessly


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


E46 328 AT not shifting, slow moving car and exhaust smoke Very strange. Need some

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire